This book is about the next generation of the Google Maps API. It will provide the reader with the skills and knowledge necessary to incorporate Google Maps v3 on web pages in both desktop and mobile browsers.It also describes how to deal with common problems that most map developers encounter at some point, like performance and usability issues with having too many markers and possible solutions to that.
- Introduction to the Google Maps API v3
What you’ll learn
- Building reliable Google Maps web applications
- How to transfer from version 2 to version 3 of the API
- Dealing with large amounts of map markers
- How to look up addresses and coordinates using GeoCoding and reversed GeoCoding